Friday, July 25, 2014

Choosing HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545 e-All-in-one

I want to buy a home printer.

The wife says, "This HP laser printer is useless". The daughter says, "I want color printouts for school and for fun". And I think to myself, "When I have money I will get the best printer money can buy".

So, the brief is clear.

Zero headache color printer that is inexpensive to acquire. (I am assuming I will have the money to finance its running costs)

Before venturing out into a formal internet product research, I put out a printer recommendation request into a strong Whatsapp group - my NITIE MBA bacthmates. (more on this remarkable group sometime later)

Pat came two responses. HP F4488 (Sumeet) and HP 3545 Ink Advantage (Ruchir), both HP deskjets around the 5,000 Rupees mark. It looked like a good start to the research process.

Getting the Basics in Place


Armed with couple of printer options, I decided to read a bit about buying the perfect printer. There is neither a perfect printer nor a perfect way to find a perfect printer. Nevertheless, you may choose to follow these pointers.

Checking out Printers Online


A quick check on the HP India website for printers gave the following almost similar options:-
  • HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545 e-All-in-one
  • HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4515 e-All-in-one
Both seemed same, except for a 2000 Rupees price difference and also a few features like multifunction, memory card slot and a touch panel. It was time to call the HP helpline. I was also keen to check,
  • Ink Cartridge costs and refilling frequency, especially when not used.
  • Printing from Linux OS
  • Mobile printing
I called the HP Helpline on 1800-180-1810 who asked me to call 1800-200-0047 (HP Total Care) who again asked me to call 1800-112-267 (HP Technical Support), where I finally got my answers. Phew !

The technical support officer, very confidently, assured me that there isn't any material difference between 3545 and 4515, and that "HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545 e-All-in-one" is a good decision. It had all the need-to-have-features. The cartridges cost about Rs 500 apiece - black and tricolor, and would be good if used atleast once a week.

Less than 2 - 3 man hours into the search, I was close to the decision.

Not to be partial to HP, I also checked out the Canon India and Epson India websites. It wasn't easy to look around. The PIXMA models caught my attention. Since I had more than made up my mind, I left them a message through the "Contact Us" page. Only Canon responded via email, but sadly did not follow up through a call. I would have liked up.

Now, where do I get the best deal on HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545 e-All-in-one Printer? Quikr ? OLX ?


Watch this space !

27 comments:

  1. In the event that you take after this how-to guide and refill your print cartridge rather than purchasing another one, you can spare truly many dollars in printer ink.
    Printer cartridge refilling in Laxmi Nagar, Delhi


    ReplyDelete

  2. Great blog! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the information are well written.

    123HPEnvy OfficeJet3832 Install

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.


    123.hp.com/setup 4530

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the wonderful Blog , it is very useful and wonderful.

    HP Deskjet 4535 Printer Troubleshooting

    ReplyDelete

  5. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again.
    123 HP Wireless Printer Setup

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great way to introduce camping to them for the first time.
    HP Deskjet 4530 Install

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

    123.hp.com/ojpro8746

    ReplyDelete
  8. HP Envy 4523 Wireless Setup
    Excellent information.I like the way of writing and presenting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very interesting article. The insights are really helpful and informative. Thanks for posting.
    123 HP Envy 4523 Printer Setup

    ReplyDelete
  10. Advantage of HP Deskjet Ink 3545 as you given article is good. Thanks for sharing. hpconnected.com create account

    ReplyDelete
  11. Disciplined Judgement 123.hp.com , Distinct Key 123.hp.com , Diverting Knowledge 123.hp.com , Doable Leading 123.hp.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. I just wanted to know where to ship it since I know now to keep producing it


    hp envy 5000 app

    ReplyDelete
  13. Working for a while to offer support & guidance to customers who contact us for 123.hp.com/setup support, software download, troubleshooting and much more. You can reach me or contact me to know more about my profile

    ReplyDelete
  14. whenever you try to print any document from my HP printer, some time it won't respond properly,
    it might show "printer is offline" error.to solve visit 123.hp.com 123.hp.com/setup 6255
    123.hp.com/setup 7855

    123.hp.com/setup 6978

    123.hp.com/setup 9015

    ReplyDelete